Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- 2012 - Year in Review
- 2013 Beef Systems
- Learning Child
- Guardianship/Conservator Training Program
- Crops - Youth Programming
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water Climate Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- ECAP - Entrepreneurial Communities
- 2013 ESI and Beyond
- NACO Institute of Excellence
|West Central Research and Extension Center |
402 West State Farm Road
North Platte, NE 69101
Extension Program Areas:
- Sustainable water management in crop production systems
- Integrated pest management
- Profitable and sustainable crop production
- Spray application technology
- Crop variety and hybrid evaluation
Focus Areas of Interest:
- Increasing crop yields through water management practices
- Understanding crop residue management and the impacts of crop residue on crop yields and soil quality
- Interactions between pest management strategies
- Systems approach to understanding crop production
- Maximizing efficiency and efficacy of pesticide applications
- Optimizing the use of biotechnology
- Davis, V.M., G.R. Kruger, B.G. Young, and W.G. Johnson. Fall and spring preplant herbicide applications influence spring emergence of glyphosate-resistant horseweed (Conyza canadensis). Weed Technology (In press).
- Davis, V.M., G.R. Kruger, S.G. Hallett, P.J. Tranel, and W.G. Johnson. 2010. Heritability of glyphosate resistance in Indiana horseweed (Conyza canadensis) populations. Weed Science 58:30-38.
- Kruger, G.R., V.M. Davis, S.C. Weller, J.M. Stachler, M.M. Loux, and W.G. Johnson. 2009. Frequency, distribution, and characterization of horseweed biotypes with resistance to glyphosate and ALS-inhibiting herbicides. Weed Science 57:652-659.
- Davis, V.M., G.R. Kruger, J.M. Stachler, M.M. Loux, and W.G. Johnson. 2009. Growth and seed production of horseweed (Conyza canadensis) populations resistant to glyphosate, ALS-Inhibiting, and multiple (glyphosate+ALS-Inhibiting) herbicides. Weed Science 57:494-504.
- Johnson, W.G., V.M. Davis, G.R. Kruger, and S.C. Weller. 2009. Influence of glyphosate-resistant cropping systems on weed species shifts and glyphosate-resistant weed populations. European Journal of Agronomy 31:162-172.
- Johnson, W.G., M.D.K. Owen, G.R. Kruger, B.G. Young, D.R. Shaw, R.G. Wilson, J.W. Wilcut, D.L. Jordan, and S.C. Weller. 2009. Farmers attitudes toward impending problems with genetically engineered glyphosate resistant crops may endanger the sustainability of chemically based weed management. Weed Technology 23:308-312.
- Givens, W.A., D.R. Shaw, G.R. Kruger, W.G. Johnson, S.C. Weller, B.G. Young, R.G. Wilson, M.D.K. Owen, and D. Jordan. 2009. Survey of tillage trends following the adoption of glyphosate resistant crops. Weed Technology 23:150-155.
- Kruger, G.R., W.G. Johnson, S.C. Weller, M.D.K. Owen, D.R. Shaw, J.W. Wilcut, D.L. Jordan, R.G. Wilson, M.L. Bernards, and B.G. Young. 2009. U.S. grower views on problematic weeds and changes in weed pressure in glyphosate-resistant corn, cotton, and soybean cropping systems. Weed Technology 23:162-166.
- Kruger, G.R., V.M. Davis, S.C. Weller, and W.G. Johnson. 2008. Response and survival of rosette-stage horseweed (Conyza canadensis) after exposure to 2,4-D. Weed Science 56:748-752.
- Westhoven, A.M., G.R. Kruger, C.K. Gerber, J.M. Stachler, M.M. Loux, and W.G. Johnson. 2008. Characterization of selected common lambsquarters (Chenopodium album) biotypes with tolerance to glyphosate. Weed Science 56:685-691.
- Kruger, G.R., L. Xing, A.R. LeRoy, and A. Westphal. 2008. Meloidogyne incognita resistance in soybean under Midwest conditions. Crop Science 48:716-726.
- Kruger, G.R., L. Xing, J.B. Santini, and A. Westphal. 2007. Distribution and damage caused by root-knot nematodes on soybean in Southwest Indiana. Online. Plant Health Progress. Plant Health Progress doi:10.1094/PHP-2007-1031-01-RS.
- American Society of Agronomy
- Crop Science Society of America
- North Central Weed Science Society
- Society of Nematologists
- Soil Science Society of America
- Weed Science Society of America
- PhD 2010 Weed Science. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- MS 2006 Plant Pathology. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- BS 2004 Agribusiness and Applied Economics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Assistant Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, (2010-present).
- Graduate Research Assistant, Purdue University, (2004-2010).
- Laboratory Assistant, GIS Lab, Ohio State/NRCS, (2002-2004).
- Farm hand, Kruger Farms, (1994-2000).